The Ernest A. Connally papers document US participation in the international preservation movement in the 1970s and 1980s. The collection contains materials related to Connally's work with the International Centre for the Study of Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property, the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS), UNESCO, and the National Park Service. This collection is unprocessed but a preliminary inventory is available.
This collection is unprocessed. This means that materials are in the same state we received them and have not been reviewed for content or condition. The collection may need to be screened prior to use. Please contact us before visiting the Special Collections reading room to view this collection. A preliminary inventory is available under the Inventories/Additional Information section.
Photocopies or digital surrogates may be provided in accordance with Special Collections and University Archives duplication policy.
Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs unless otherwise specified. It is the researcher's responsibility to secure permission to publish materials from the appropriate copyright holder.
Archival materials may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws or other regulations. While we make a good faith effort to identify and remove such materials, some may be missed during our processing. If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
59.50 Linear Feet
The Ernest A. Connally papers cover the period from 1921-2012; the bulk of the materials date from 1950-1999. The collection consists of clippings, correspondence, publications, reports, and studies related to Connally's work with the International Centre for the Study of Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property, the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS), UNESCO, and the National Park Service.
This collection was donated to the University of Maryland Libraries by Ernest Connally between 1994-1997. Additional materials were donated by Mary Connally in 2016.