Help us improve our websiteSend feedback
The American Association of University Women, Rockville Branch organized in the 1950s and merged with the Kensington Branch around 2003. These records include the materials relevant to the function and mission of the Rockville Branch, including its participation in community and state events.
This collection is unprocessed. This means that materials are in the same state we received them and have not been reviewed for content or condition. The collection may need to be screened prior to use. Please contact us before visiting the Special Collections reading room to view this collection. A preliminary inventory is available under the Inventories/Additional Information section.
Photocopies or digital surrogates may be provided in accordance with Special Collections and University Archives duplication policy.
Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs unless otherwise specified. It is the researcher's responsibility to secure permission to publish materials from the appropriate copyright holder.
Archival materials may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws or other regulations. While we make a good faith effort to identify and remove such materials, some may be missed during our processing. If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
7.75 Linear Feet
The records of the American Association of University Women, Rockville Branch cover the period from 1957-2002; the bulk of the materials date from 1970-2000. The collection consists of clippings, directories, photographs, minutes, reports, newsletters, and correspondence pertaining to the function and mission of the Rockville Branch, including its participation in community and state events.
This collection was donated to the University of Maryland Libraries by Virginia Collins in 2006. Additional materials were donated by Julie Snell in 2010.
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives