The Paint Branch Garden Club began in 1948 with a group of women living in College Park and University Park who were interested in gardening and flower arranging. The current emphasis of the club is on visiting historic garden and home sites; volunteerting at a local nursing center; and providing programming on garden and enironmental topics. The records mainly consists of scrapbooks that detail the history of the club from 1948-2009. These scrapbooks contain photographs, invitations, newspaper clippings, and other pieces of ephemera. The collection also includes memorabilia items, certificates, membership records, meeting minutes, invitations, and other correspondence.
Preliminary inventories for this collection are available and can be found in the "Additional Description" section of this finding aid.
Majority of material found within 1971-2007
Use and Access to Collection
This collection is open for research.
Duplication and Copyright Information
Photocopies of original materials may be provided for a fee and at the discretion of the curator. Please see our Duplication of Materials policy for more information. Queries regarding publication rights and copyright status of materials within this collection should be directed to the appropriate curator.