The Stamp Student Union, constructed in 1954 and named for Adele H. Stamp in 1983, is the center of student activities on campus, with offices for student organizations. The Union houses the University Book Center, Hoff Theater, Terp Zone, the Stamp Art Gallery, Adele's Restaurant, a food court, Capital One Bank, and a postal service center, in addition to several meeting spaces and ballrooms. This collection contains correspondence, subject files, and photographs from the Student Union Director's Office, primarily from the 1980s and 1990s. Some of the topics covered include renovations and construction projects, the student union fire in 1982, student life and campus programs, Nyumburu Cultural Center, Hoff Theater, and the Stamp All Niter. There are also minutes from the Union Advisory Board and various committees, as well as annual reports, program planning manuals, conference materials, and chronological correspondence files from the 1990s and early 2000s.
A preliminary inventory for this collection is available and can be found in the "Additional Description" section of this finding aid.