Help us improve our websiteSend feedback
DX News is the official bulletin of the National Radio Club, a non-profit hobbyist organization formed in 1933. (DXing refers to making contact between amateur radio stations.) This collection includes the first fifteen years of DX News, from 1933-1948.
This collection is open to the public and must be used in the Special Collections reading room. Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
Photocopies or digital surrogates may be provided in accordance with Special Collections and University Archives duplication policy.
Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs unless otherwise specified. It is the researcher's responsibility to secure permission to publish materials from the appropriate copyright holder.
1.5 Linear Feet (1 record storage box)
The National Radio Club was founded in 1933 as a hobbyist organization for radio listening. The club is now the world's oldest and largest medium- wave DX club, a hobby of receiving and identifying distant radio signals or making two way contact with distant stations in amateur radio, citizens' band radio, or other two-way radio communications. The DX News bulletin is their official magazine, concerned with DX and radio information. This collection includes the original issues of this bulletin, as well as correspondence Kermit Geary received from National Radio Club President Robert H. Weaver upon Geary's subscription to the bulletin and inquiries about local DXing.
John Herkimer donated Kermit Geary's collection of DX News bulletins in 2014. He made a subsequent donation on December 12, 2015 which included volume 1, numbers 12-30 through volume 2, numbers 1-3 as well as welcome letters from the National Radio Club.
This collection has been minimally processed. The processing archivist loosely arranged files into separate folders. Materials have been arranged chronologically.T he original folders were replaced with acid-free folders, which were labeled. The entire collection was re-boxed.
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives