1000 Friends of Maryland was a nonprofit that advocated for smart growth initiatives. In 2018, the organization merged with Preservation Maryland. This accession consists of press clippings, reports and other publications, photographs, correspondence, minutes, and audiovisual materials.
Majority of material found within 1990-2017
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to the public and must be used in the Special Collections reading room. Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
This collection is unprocessed. This means that materials are in the same state we received them and have not been reviewed for content or condition. The collection may need to be screened prior to use. Please contact us before visiting the Special Collections reading room to view this collection. A preliminary inventory is available under the Inventories/Additional Information section.
Conditions Governing Use
Photocopies or digital surrogates may be provided in accordance with Special Collections and University Archives duplication policy.
Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs unless otherwise specified. It is the researcher's responsibility to secure permission to publish materials from the appropriate copyright holder.
Archival materials may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws or other regulations. While we make a good faith effort to identify and remove such materials, some may be missed during our processing. If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
This collection was donated to the University of Maryland Libraries by Meagan Baco on December 14, 2018.
These materials were received by the University of Maryland Libraries in 2018. Upon arrival, materials were rehoused in archival quality boxes. Items were left in the original order in which they were received. Loose textual materials were placed in acid-free folders and given folder headings.