The Terrapin Trail Club was founded in 1937 by Elinor Cody and is considered the oldest active club on the University of Maryland campus. Materials in the collection span the entire club history from the 1930s to 2012. The earliest item is a scrapbook from 1931-1939 containing over 275 photographs of outdoor scenes, featuring men and women hiking, skating, camping, and canoeing. However, only the post-1937 photographs are specifically designated as Terrapin Trail Club events. Eight additional scrapbooks and photo albums contain photographs, trip descriptions, and fliers from the 1940s through 1980s. Loose photographs from the 1980s through 2000s are also included. Non-photographic material consists of membership lists, event planning materials, club regulations and procedures, meeting minutes, forms, brochures, newspaper clippings, postcards, and copies of the club newsletter, The Anteater. Memorabilia items include a hat and beanie from the 1960s, a henley shirt from the club's 50th anniversary in 1987, and club socks from 2012. This collection is unprocessed and consists of several different accessions, but preliminary inventories are available.