Help us improve our websiteSend feedback
The Department of Poultry Science was founded in 1906 through the Maryland Agricultural Experiment Station. The undergraduate program in Poultry Husbandry began in 1923; the first graduate degrees were awarded in 1940. In 1965, the poultry science curriculum became a course of study within the Department of Animal Science. The records include administrative files, Experiment Station reports, correspondence, research notebooks, photographs, and publications of the department. This collection is unprocessed, but a preliminary inventory is available.
This collection is unprocessed. This means that materials are in the same state we received them and have not been reviewed for content or condition. The collection may need to be screened prior to use. Please contact us before visiting the Special Collections reading room to view this collection.
Photocopies of original materials may be provided for a fee and at the discretion of the curator. Please see our Duplication of Materials policy for more information. Queries regarding publication rights and copyright status of materials within this collection should be directed to the appropriate curator.
34.50 Linear Feet
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives