The Maryland Summer Institute for the Creative and Performing Arts (MSICPA) was founded in 1976 with the aim of helping young artists bridge the gap between academic training and the competitive professional world. The organization sponsored career development programs such as the National Orchestral Institute, and yearly festivals including the University of Maryland International Piano and Festival, the International Marion Anderson Vocal Arts Competition, and the Leonard Rose International Cello Competition. The MSICPA continued until 1998, and served as the predecessor for the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center. The MSICPA records contain administrative paperwork, correspondence, photographs, programs, clippings, and scores, spanning the years 1971 to 1999.
Majority of material found within 1971-1999
Use and Access to Collection
The collection is open for research use. Materials from this collection must be used in the Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library's Irving and Margery Morgan Lowens Special Collections Room during SCPA’s operating hours. Please contact the curator for an inventory, to book an appointment to view the materials in person, or if you have questions related to digital access of the materials.
Duplication and Copyright Information
Copyright was not transferred to the University of Maryland with the gift of any copyrighted materials. All rights remain with the creators and rights holders. The University of Maryland Libraries is granted permission for the use in scholarly research by the Libraries’ patrons under fair use in Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.
University of Maryland Libraries 8270 Alumni Drive
College ParkMD20742United States email@example.com
Navigate the Collection
Maryland Summer Institute for the Creative and Performing Arts (MSICPA) records, Special Collections in Performing Arts, University of Maryland Libraries. http://hdl.handle.net/1903.1/25009 Accessed June 13, 2021.