Education -- Maryland
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The Patapsco Female Institute was a finishing school for women which operated from 1837 to 1891 in Ellicott City, Maryland. From 1841 to 1856, it was run by the noted educator Almira Hart Lincoln Phelps. The Patapsco Female Institute Collection is comprised of programs for events at the Institute, as well as a manuscript book of compositions written by the students, advertisements for the lotteries benefitting the Institute, and images of the building.