Help us improve our websiteSend feedback
The functions of the Alumni Office include the maintenance of alumni records, sponsorship of special programs for alumni, liaison with the alumni association, and representation of alumni interests within the campus community. The collection consists of the office's operating records and includes committee files, memorabilia and photographs.
This collection is open for research.
Photocopies of original materials may be provided for a fee and at the discretion of the curator. Please see our Duplication of Materials policy for more information. Queries regarding publication rights and copyright status of materials within this collection should be directed to the appropriate curator.
5.50 Linear Feet
The records of the Alumni Office span the years 1927 ¥£to¥£ 1961; the bulk of the materials cover the mid-1950s. They include minutes, correspondence, reports, press releases, and financial records relating to the administration of the Alumni Office and its programs.
The Alumni Association was organized in 1893, and reorganized in 1947 to consolidate the previously created separate professional school alumni organizations. Its purpose was to promote the interests and welfare of the university and further good relations between the university, Maryland residents, and alumni. The staff of the Alumni Office, as on-campus liaison, carried out its goals through fundraising, sponsoring social events to develop support for the university through loyal alumni, and serving on various university committees. The Alumni Office reports directly to the president of the university.
This collection is organized as six series:
The records of the Alumni Office were transferred to the University of Maryland College Park Libraries in the 1970s.
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives