Alpha Phi Omega (APO) is a national service fraternity founded at Lafayette College in 1925. Its mission is to prepare campus and community leaders through service. Its purpose is to develop leadership, to promote friendship and to provide service to humanity. An Alpha Phi Omega interest group at the University of Maryland was organized in fall of 1946 under the guidance of Speech Department Professor Gordon D. Brigham. On May 25, 1947, the group of 41 men was granted a charter to form the Epsilon Mu Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega, the fraternity's 132nd chapter. The collection consists of scrapbooks, plaques, photographs and documents covering the activities of the fraternity.
Majority of material found within 1962-2011
Use and Access to Collection
This collection is open for research.
Duplication and Copyright Information
Photocopies of original materials may be provided for a fee and at the discretion of the curator. Please see our Duplication of Materials policy for more information. Queries regarding publication rights and copyright status of materials within this collection should be directed to the appropriate curator.