After the turn of the twentieth century, the Maryland Agricultural College progressively grew in size, accepting more and more students. With this continued growth, formal committees on admission and catalogue publication became a necessity. In the fall of 1908, the first predecessor groups to the Committee on Catalogue, Student Enrollment, and College Entrance formed. These groups consisted of the Committee on Schedule, the Committee on Student Records, and the Committee on Catalogue. These bodies remained active until the fall of 1914 when they were renamed Catalogue; Schedule; and Student Enrollment and Class and Quarter Assignments. This committee structure lasted until the spring of 1918. That fall, all three groups united to form the Committee on Catalogue, Student Enrollment and College Entrance.
The Committee on Catalogue, Student Enrollment and College Entrance determined class schedules, the school calendar, the format of the catalog, standards of admission, and the admission status of incoming students. Chaired by Percy White Zimmerman, first the Dean of the Division of Plant Industry, and later the Dean of the School of Agriculture, the committee consisted of deans of the various divisions and schools such as Agriculture, Liberal Arts, Modern Language, and Education. Other members of the committee were professors of assorted subjects such as electrical engineering, English language and literature, and physical education. W. M. Hillegeist, Recorder, Assistant in Administration, served as secretary.
This group was succeeded in the fall of 1920 by the Committee on Catalogue, Student Enrollment and Entrance.