Isidore "Hotsy" Alperstein, Class of 1943, was an outstanding boxer during his time at Maryland and was inducted into the University of Maryland Athletic Hall of Fame in 1990. These papers consist of various university-related materials and memorabilia acquired by Alperstein over the years. A preliminary inventory is available and can be found in the "Additional Description" section of this finding aid.
The functions of the Alumni Office include the maintenance of alumni records, sponsorship of special programs for alumni, liaison with the alumni association, and representation of alumni interests within the campus community. The collection consists of the office's operating records and includes committee files, memorabilia and photographs.
Photographs from various alumni reunions at the University of Maryland, including the Class of 1920 and Class of 1921 (50th reunion) in 1971 and the Class of 1934 (25th reunion) in 1959. The collection also contains a framed document presented to the members of the Class of 1936 at their 50th reunion in 1986 in honor of their establishment of an Endowed Chancellor's Scholarship. The document includes the names of the class members.
The Bowie Area Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW), orginially named the Lanham Area Branch, was founded in Seabrook, Maryland, and granted National Association recognition in January 1960. These records include materials relevant to the function and mission of the Bowie Branch, including its participation in various community, state, and national organizing efforts and events.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW), Kensington Branch organized in 1947 and operated as a branch for over 50 years. These records include the materials relevant to the function and mission of the Kensington Branch, including its participation in the Maryland Interbranch Council and the Maryland State Division. Also prevalent in the collection are materials documenting the Conference on Affirmative Action in 1974.